By: Kathy Meader, VP of Member Education Services, RSPA
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
If the year 2020 has shown us anything, it is that life does move very fast, change is constant, and the pace of change is accelerating quickly. In the retail technology industry, the change had been occurring quickly in years past, and in 2020 it exploded with COVID-19. As 2021 approaches, the industry will continue to see the technology landscape evolve quickly, and members will need to respond to the change as well as increased competitive pressures. Enter RSPA Academy eLearning.
eLearning, online learning, virtual learning, distance learning and microlearning. According to Ilker Koksal in his Forbes article, The Rise of Online Learning, the online education market is forecasted to reach $350 Billion by 2025, and that was before COVID-19, so it may be higher after analyzing the growth impacts of COVID-19.
Members cite education, industry-specific education, as one of the biggest reasons for joining the RSPA. In this fast-paced industry, learning NEVER stops. And while specific skills and topics are important, it is even more important to be able to adapt to new and evolving marketplace challenges. RSPA Academy eLearning will enhance the association’s ability to deliver education to members and help drive their success. Here is how this new investment in member education will benefit members and their teams.
- Anytime/anywhere/from any device: The retail technology industry is most certainly not a nine-to-five, office desk industry. The ability to access education anytime, anywhere from any device makes it convenient for members regardless of schedule.
- Personalization: There will be content relevant to the different types of roles within our member businesses. RSPA Academy eLearning supports a variety of topics, courses, and learning paths, which allows members to choose what’s most relevant.
- Community IQ: This is arepository for content and courses driven by industry experts from the RSPA community. Members can gain access to and learn from experts through the RSPA Academy eLearning without having to wait for the next webinar or big event.
- More networking opportunities: The RSPA Academy eLearning leverages social and collaborative learning offering a new and year-round avenue for members to interact and connect with one another.
- Reduced cost: Members and their teams have access to education at a fraction of the cost they might incur paying for classrooms, instructors and content, associated costs of travel and lost time at work, and it is all at their fingertips.
“We believe we can deliver high caliber education at a fraction of the cost that our members are typically confronted with,” said RSPA President and CEO John Kirk. “We are fortunate to serve the most diverse member community in the retail industry. Our members are some of the largest companies in the world, and many are just getting started. The RSPA serves an array of business models within our member community. Our members will not only benefit from the RSPA Academy eLearning motion, but they will also contribute to the power it brings driven by a one-of-a-kind ’community IQ.’”
The RSPA is excited to continue delivering a robust catalog of educational resources with options for members to customize learning experiences for their organizations and team members in 2021. If you have questions or want to learn more about the upcoming RSPA Academy eLearning, please reach out to me at KMeader@GoRSPA.org.