By: Intel and HP
In this Fireside Chat presented by RSPA members Intel and HP, RSPA VP of Sales & Marketing Jim Roddy and Bob Clements, CEO of workforce management consultant Axsium, discuss with Incisiv Research Chief Customer Oﬃcer Dave Weinand retail and restaurant associates’ new roles and priorities post COVID-19. Discussion topics include:
- How do you see the roles of associates changing as the economy reopens?
- What challenges do you see with ﬁnding and retaining associates?
- How can technology better enable associate safety and help associates provide a better guest experience?
Here are some key takeaways from the chat:
- “The role of associates is going to change but I don’t think it’s going to be a complete 180-degree turn from the job that they had earlier in 2020.”
- “The associate will continue to be the ultimate brand representative, the caretaker of the customer experience, and the conduit for commerce in your store.”
- “As far as ﬁnding the right people, I think that is going to be even a bigger challenge from a hiring standpoint.”
- “If technology can help provide the consumer with some conﬁdence in the environment they are in, I think that’s going to make a big diﬀerence.”
- “I believe the mobile phone is critical for health and safety from both the customer and the associate’s perspective.”
Read about more anticipated challenges and opportunities from the executives here:
You can also watch additional discussion highlights in this video.