By: Intel and HP
In this executive conversation, Aaron Weiss, Vice President & General Manager, Retail Solutions Business Unit at HP, and Joe Jenson, VP, Internet of Things Group – General Manager, Retail, Banking, Hospitality & Education at Intel, discuss with Incisiv Research Chief Customer Oﬃcer Dave Weinand key hands-off technology imperatives such as contactless, remote monitoring, and the latest in pickup and delivery. Discussion topics include:
- What kind of adoption rates do you expect for contactless technologies in the restaurant and retail industry over the next 6-12 months?
- What are new use cases for IoT devices and applications as we reopen the economy?
- How can technology enable the new delivery and curbside imperative?
Here are some key takeaways from the chat:
- “With the new necessities around the sanitization and cleanliness of stores, the role of contactless is going to accelerate rapidly.”
- “I’ve experienced scenarios at restaurants that have adopted contactless pay and there will be a steep learning curve for some customers paying through contactless options.”
- “We’re seeing several use cases emerge for IoT devices in the retail and hospitality sectors.”
- “To enable these applications, mobile technology is going to be a major tool.”
- “We’re going to see greater adoption of curbside and delivery at both the retailer / restaurant level and consumer level.”
Read about more anticipated challenges and opportunities from the executives here:
You can also watch additional discussion highlights in this video.