Just over two months ago, we published the 2020 RSPA POS Channel KPI Study and received tremendous feedback from our members. However, the COVID-19 crisis – and its unprecedented financial impact on North America – made us suspect the study’s 2020 projections could be significantly different from what we first reported.
So, the RSPA commissioned a snap poll in mid-May to update those numbers in an effort to help our community better understand the expected impact. This updated survey attracted 99 solution providers (resellers, ISVs, and ISV/VAR hybrids) who shared new projections for their revenue and net profit for 2020.
Among this report’s key takeaways:
- 60% of hospitality VARs now expect 2020 sales decline
- Despite pandemic, 75.8% of solution providers expect profitable year
- ISV acquisitions could be off the table for remainder of 2020
- Aggressive solution providers add, create products during crisis
- “Things are starting to turn around” vs. “Tough times ahead”
Access the 2020 RSPA POS Channel KPI Study Addendum here.